Hi lovelies! Happy Wednesday! Now that we’re officially half-way through the week, let’s talk about when the last time you woke up for school or work late. I know that some of you are ultra-impressive and work out in the morning so to those of you who never oversleep, what about those times when an event/dinner/date occurs right at the end of a long work/schoolday and you have just minutes to get ready? Well both scenarios happened to me yesterday.
Normally these would be stressful times, rushing around, attempting to squeeze your normal routine into a shortened version, but somehow when I woke up late yesterday, I managed to leave for work earlier than I had planned. Truth is, I have my routine down to a science and thought I’d share my tips and tricks for getting ready quickly.
1. Think about what you want to wear the night before! I know that you have heard this before but it really helps to not have the stress of flinging clothes across the room as you try on shirt after shirt after shirt.
2. Plan a back-up outfit. I can’t tell you how many times my planned outfit doesn’t work the morning of, due to a weather surprise or it just not feeling right. So I attempt to always give myself a back-up to avoid the “Oh, now what will I wear” stress.
Case in point, this morning I planned on wearing the above with a white button down. In my head, it was going to look so cute– but in reality, the combo was too buttoned up and conservative- not the look I was going for. Luckily, I had selected the long-sleeve as a back-up option and liked it so much more.
3. Grab a statement necklace! As you can see in the above, I gave my shirt a little flair by adding one of my favorite LOFT statement necklaces and it really dressed up my basic black long sleeve. A fun long necklace or chunky one like mine instantly upgrade your look and give your outfit a focal point.
1. Start with white/champagne colored eye-shadow! If you’re running late or you are at the end of a long day, it’s clear that you could stand to look a little more awake. By applying a little eyeshadow in the corner of your eye and extending it slightly to your lower lashline, you not only look more vibrant but your eyes look bigger.
2. Add dark eyeliner and mascara! When I’m running late I skip a lot of things, but I never skip my eyeliner. My favorite is a cream gel liner by Clinique in dark brown that you apply with a thin brush. However, when I realized I forgot my brush last night and only brought my liner, I improvised…
3. Go for a bold lip! Nothing makes me feel more pulled together or party-ready than a berry colored lip. Stay in a color family you feel comfortable with, just pump up the shade a little bit and add a gloss for that finished look.
We’ll talk hair another day, but with your outfit and make-up you should be good to go and will shave minutes off your time spent getting ready! In fact, I’ll be employing these techniques on Thursday night before the LOFT Event at the Embarcadero store in San Francisco! I’d love to see some of you there– just rsvp at events@7×7.com!
-Do you plan your outfits in advance?
-What are your essentials for getting ready quickly?