I’ll admit it, I’m a sweets gal, through and through. And sometimes at night there comes a time when you need a treat and your usual square of dark chocolate just isn’t going to cut it. A time when you want to sit on the couch, watch your favorite mindless entertainment and have something that is going to require more than 1 or 2 bites. But maybe you also don’t feel like making a batch of cookies or cupcakes. Enter this dessert- it can be customized using whatever you have on hand and is so delicious that your friends or family will want one too! That’s why this recipe serves 3, but can easily be customized to a single serving. Once heated in coconut oil, the tortillas have a fluffy and chewy texture and the combination of melted chocolate and nut butter is delicious! If you don’t have any chocolate on hand (sad!) you could use jam instead and call it breakfast… or you could make the recipe as written and call it breakfast too, no judgement here!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Macadamia Tortilla Torte
- 3 Large Gluten-Free Tortillas*
- 3/4 T. Coconut Oil
- 3 T. Cashew & Macadamia Nut Butter (Or any nut butter to your liking)
- 2 T. Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 C. + 2 T. Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
*Note: I recommend using Udi’s gluten-free tortillas versus a brown rice tortilla which tend to be drier and won’t become fluffy. If you aren’t gluten-free, you could easily use a flour tortilla!
- Cut 3-inch rounds from tortilla using cookie cutter, or glass, setting scraps aside.
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil on medium-high heat and pan fry tortilla rounds until golden brown on each side.
- Continue process until all tortilla rounds have been heated and place on paper towels to dry.
- In microwave, heat chocolate chips in bowl for 1 minute in 20 second increments or until melted.
- On first layer, spread macadamia nut butter on round
- Next, spread melted chocolate on tortilla round and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Stack rounds, alternating chocolate and nut butter tortillas until full stack of 5.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate and nut butter over stacks and top with coconut.