Hi lovelies! I hope that you all had an absolutely wonderful weekend! Mine was great as on Saturday I got to style the new LOFT Fall collection and take some pictures that I’ll reveal soon. The new merchandise is amazing with so many bold, rich colors and prints. I have a feeling that the gorgeous Bordeaux shade is going to be my favorite for the season. Then yesterday I got to attend the Indy Grand Prix in Sonoma with my fam! It was a fantastic race with even better company, and we ended the perfect Sunday by going to one of my favorite restaurants in Sonoma, where we went for my birthday last year.
Since I’ve been gone a lot recently, I haven’t been doing a whole lot of cooking at home. But the other night I knew that I wanted something fresh and easy while using up some of the produce I had in the refrigerator that was on its last leg. I decided to create an easy, healthy delicious meal.
Healthy Summer Ratatouille
- 2 Small Sweet White Onions
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 Zucchini
- 3 Yellow Squash
- 4 Carrots
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 C. Tomato Basil Sauce/Marinara
- 1 T. Dried Basil
- 1 T. Thyme
- Finely chop onion (should have about 2 cups worth chopped) and mince garlic
- In a large pot, combine olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Chop zucchini, yellow squash and carrots in chunks and add to pot. Let the veggies cook down for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add herbs, stirring until well combined.
- Add tomato sauce to coat all ingredients, allowing it to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is such a delicious recipe and so incredibly easy. It tastes delicious on its own but I served mine over quick-cooking brown rice to create a complete meal. It would also be great with quinoa or even just a fresh, crusty bread. This would be also be the perfect, easy dish to make for unexpected company as it tastes much more complicated than it actually is to make!
-What dishes do you make when your veggies are on their last leg?
-Do you like ratatouille?